To stay competitive and meet customer requirements, metal fabricators need effective supply chain synchronization that allows them to get the right materials to the right place, at the right time.
But, at the end of the day, the true measure of their success is how well their manufacturing plants perform.
Within those four walls, metal fabricators can’t afford anything less than optimum flexibility and agility, with systems that support the smooth flow of information and materials through all operations. Lean manufacturing is the key to efficiency for metal fabricators in the punching, cutting, bending, stamping, and forming micro-verticals. Mixed modes of production help these manufacturers respond to constantly changing customer demand. Besides customer demand, metal fabricators are faced with a changing distribution environment that’s moving from a reactive, stable set of relationships to a continually changing network of supply and demand, with the distributor as the intermediary.
The manufacturing capabilities of Infor™ ERP SyteLine help address both sets of challenges. This fully-integrated, enterprise solution helps metal fabricators gain visibility into their plant operations and their customers’ changing product requirements. It also supports lean initiatives and allows metal fabricators to build and enhance relationships with their extended supply chain to reduce costs, optimize capacity, and improve customer satisfaction.
Do Business Better.
To address these challenges and deliver a cost-effective way for manufacturers to improve business agility, Infor and IBM® offer a Vertical Industry Program (VIP) for metal fabricators. IBM VIP delivers business-specific solutions for metal fabricating companies backed by Infor and IBM’s manufacturing and industry expertise—running on proven IBM technology.
Leverage The Experience Of Infor And IBM.
VIP brings together Infor’s market-leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) capabilities and the latest IBM System x™ and BladeCenter® server technology in a lowrisk, easy-to-implement solution designed to meet the specific needs of metal fabricators. Together, they deliver:
• Industry know-how —VIP is backed by the dominant forces in the manufacturing industry: IBM and Infor.
• Expanded capabilities —Infor and IBM deliver the business functionality, expertise, and technology to create a comprehensive enterprise solution, plus a complete set of extended warehouse management, ecommerce, demand planning, supply chain management, and enterprise asset management capabilities.
• Usability —Infor solutions are designed to meet the needs of today’s metal fabricators, and deliver the information they need to boost productivity and profitability.
• Lower TCO —VIP combines greater server processing power and Infor’s industry-specific capabilities to deliver significant cost reductions and hardware maintenance savings for metal fabricators. According to Aberdeen Group, Infor is a leader in delivering low total cost of ownership for ERP software worldwide.
• Ease of use — Infor’s business-specific solutions deliver the information metal fabricators need to boost user productivity and support complex manufacturing, including mixed mode manufacturing. Features include personalization of the user experience, event modelers and workflow.
• Competitively priced financing —The addition of IBM Global Financing means customers have greater flexibility in purchase and financing options with their VIP solution and a more affordable and manageable IT and business solution. Highly competitive rates and end-of-lease or end-of-life options maximize purchase flexibility while minimizing risk. A VIP business and technology solution lets manufacturers better manage costs, improve their bottom line and grow their business.
Get Business Specific.
Infor ERP SyteLine is built, serviced, and managed by manufacturing professionals who understand the production requirements of metal fabricators, as well as their need to keep processes running smoothly. And, because Infor ERP SyteLine helps fabricators meet their lean manufacturing and quality goals, it helps them create ongoing value.
Infor ERP SyteLine can help metal fabricators deal with new manufacturing materials, greater complexity of final products, new production methods, increased customer outsourcing, and more.
Mixed mode manufacturing.
Infor ERP SyteLine accommodates true mixed mode manufacturing. From repetitive to engineer-to-order, Infor ERP SyteLine enables the processes metal fabricators need to accelerate production and meet customer demand more quickly.
Advanced planning and scheduling (APS).
The solution includes a fully integrated, lean advanced planning engine that synchronizes material and capacity to customer orders. This capability allows metal fabricators to provide accurate and real-time capable-to-promise estimates to their customers, so when they make a promise, they keep it.
Complex product configuration.
Infor ERP SyteLine provides integrated management tools to ensure configured orders are accurate for the customer and feasible for the production department.
Materials and inventory management.
Metal fabricators can keep inventory low while avoiding shortages with Infor ERP SyteLine. The solution automates the process of calculating and monitoring inventory drivers, such as forecasts, safety stocks, and order size.
See Results Now.
Combined, IBM and Infor bring the largest
base of resources dedicated to serving the needs of the manufacturing
industry to help maximize your business success and growth. With over
45,000 manufacturers and 70,000 companies worldwide actively
collaborating with Infor on their business needs, Infor offers the
leading solutions for doing business better. Infor can help you:
• Manage increasingly complex products and product offerings
• Increase the productivity of your inventory
• Reduce operating costs
• Enhance customer satisfaction
• Improve agility and supply chain performance
• Achieve greater flexibility to address changing market conditions
Register here to watch a 6 minute demo of state-of-the-art Infor SyteLine ERP technology that can specifically address the needs of Metal Fabrication Manufacturers.