Some companies have embraced it, some are still playing catch-up, but the fact remains that this one module can transform your customer's buying experience, reduce margins, streamline selling and increase win rates the day after you install it.
It's about more than just a Configurator, or features and options. It's about enabling each department to contribute to product knowledge in a way that is consistent, and usable by many channels. Here are a few examples of what I'm saying:
• Marketing may determine certain options, restrictions, or messaging by geography.
• Engineering may design products for different use scenarios and to different standards by target markets.
• Sales may define prices, discounts, or incentives on products and key options by market, season, or other dimensions.
• Manufacturing may choose plants, or components depending on the most efficient way to manufacture and deliver the products.
• Logistics may pick the optimal sourcing warehouse or shipping methods based upon selected features, or options.
Infor's vision for PCM (Product Configuration Management) is holistic and focused on solving the end-to-end challenges for manufacturers, with a vision to help them define and use product knowledge as a strategic advantage to grow their businesses.
Product Configuration is now available to virtually any company and is an absolute must-have if you offer product/service choices to your customers or through your dealer network. It also integrates into virtually all ERP systems - not just Infor, so even if an ERP upgrade isn't on the immediate roadmap you can still make a change to grow top line revenue today.
Infor PCM products are organized as follows to deliver value to customers:► The Infor Product Configurator is used to define product knowledge; providing one, easy way to manage the knowledge regardless of where it is used.
► The Infor Automation engines are driven from the Configurator. The engines include:
○ Document Automation to dynamically generate documents on demand.
○ 2D Design Automation to Generate 2D drawings on the fly.
○ 3D Design Automation to Generate 3D models and detailed drawings as part of the configuration processes.
► The Sales Portal provides the sales organization, trading partners, and other sales professionals with:○ A portal, to share product information, quote, and order products, both configured as well as SKUs, e.g. parts.
○ Access to the configurator and automation engines to produce dynamic, compelling quotations and proposals.► The ERP system is tightly integrated with the PCM solutions, including:
○ The Configurator, to provide full configuration capabilities from within the ERP system.○ Order Integration, to automatically accept and process orders from the sales portal and other sources. This includes configured and non-configured items.
One Configurator for ERP, CRM, eCommerce & Custom Apps. Grow Top Line Revenue . . . NOW.