Saturday, November 11th marks the 98th Veterans Day celebration. It is a time to honor the men and women who have served or are actively serving our country.
Godlan and its employees would like to express our sincerest gratitude to veterans. As a company, we value the freedom that we experience, and those who have fought, and continue to fight for its protection.
Originally known as Armistice Day, in 1954, President Dwight D. Eisenhower officially changed the name of the holiday to Veterans Day. A few facts* about Veterans Day:
- 16.1 million living veterans served during at least one war.
- 2 million veterans are women.
- 7 million veterans served during the Vietnam War.
- 5.5 million veterans served during the Persian Gulf War.
- Of the 16 million Americans who served during World War II, about 558,000 are still alive.
- 2 million veterans served during the Korean War.
- 6 million veterans served in peacetime.
- As of 2014, 3 states have more than 1 million veterans among their population: California (1.8 million), Florida (1.6 million) and Texas (1.7 million).
To all veterans, we THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
*Facts credit to history.com